It doesn’t happen often anymore – but it’s amazing that there are still business owners who do not see the value in Social Media Marketing. We love it when a business ‘doesn’t need social media’ because their business is driven by ‘word of mouth’ (insert sound of hand slapping forehead). What is social media? Word of mouth – the viral edition. People are there to conversate. In fact, we don’t think of social media as a way to advertise your business. ‘Social’ implies engagement with others. You create a relationship with followers and support your website by using social interaction to drive traffic to the site. Now, potential customers (AKA ‘friends’) can learn more about what your business or organization has to offer. Here are the top 5 reasons your business absolutely needs social media.
- They’re Free! All your universal basics – Facebook, Google +, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram. Time is the only real cost. Why not take the opportunity to advertise your business for free? At the very least, expose your name, address, what you offer, and easy-to-find contact information. Think about it – Where do you start when you are shopping for a new product or service?
- Drive traffic to your website – Yes, we already mentioned this, but it bears repeating: social media, blogging, and newsletters are the top three ways to drive traffic to a properly optimized website. Create engaging, relevant posts on your social media outlets with a link attached to your website so your followers can easily click and learn more about your business.
- Social media can be a valuable medium for your customers to connect with your business. Quick response time could even resolve negative issues and turn the customer experience back into a positive one. Review the dos and don’ts of that conversation here.
- Educate yourself. Take a look – what is your customer base searching for these days? What is the latest and greatest you can offer them? Woo your customers with promotions and products that speak to them!
- Social posts show you care. At this point in internet history, social media is where it’s at. Like a website – if you consider yourself a legit business, you gotta have it!
Thinking you’re ready to take up this social media thing? Learn more about how to get followers for your brand new accounts!